Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fresh Apple Cake

It's the weekend! And a grand weekend at that. Our good friends are getting married today (yay!), it finally has cooled down here in LA, and I had time to bake!

Ryan and I went apple picking last weekend with some friends in Oak Glen. Ever since, the apples have been staring me down all week in the fridge. I couldn't decide what to make with them until I came across this apple bundt coffee cake recipe. I love coffee cakes. They are the perfect midday fika and you can also eat them for breakfast because it has the word coffee in it [sound logic, don't you think?].

I apparently couldn't wait to try the cake before taking a photo. Oops. 


This cake is quite scrumptious. I used this recipe here on the Food Network site, and subbed out the 1 1/4 cups oil for 3/4 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil instead. I also did a cinnamon glaze instead of the honey glaze it called for. I think it would be even more delicious with some Swedish vanilla sauce! Yum!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I heard my "notification" that mail had arrived while i was reading this. Before i began to comment, I peaked in mail and saw that YOU had just commented on MY post!! We are certainly in sync today! Your cake is absolutely gorgeous, Kathryn. And I just bet your kitchen officially smells like fall!

    ReplyDelete