Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kingsburg Swedish Festival 2013

Exciting news, everyone! The annual Kingsburg Swedish Festival is only 31 days away! There will be a Dala horse trot 5K, a pancake breakfast, a parade, craft booths, and much, much, more!
 
 
Just yesterday, I signed up to have a craft booth at the upcoming festival and I am racking my brain for ideas of things to make...any ideas?! I have a few leftover items from the Lucia Festival last Christmas, but many of the items are Christmas-realted and I'm not so sure how those will sell. I'm trying to come up with some cute, Scandinavian, spring-y/summer-y crafts...any and all ideas welcome!
 
So far I will have: Swedish ribbon headbands, stenciled-onesies (with viking hats and Dala horses...same as Lucia fair), and prepackaged sets of gift tags. I'm toying with the idea of getting some T-shirts printed. Thoughts on what it should say/look like if I do order some? What kind of stuff would you buy?
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog for a while now and so enjoy it! Being Norwegian, Swedish and Danish I love all things Scandinavian :-).

    The Kingsburg Swedish Festival sounds like so much fun! How about flower wreaths that you wear on your head with ribbons hanging down the back (in blue and yellow of course!) When I think of Sweden I think of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great suggestion, Nancy! That is a great idea, especially with the blue and yellow ribbon hanging down in the back...I'm definitely going to try it out!

      It's so fun to hear from other people who enjoy all things Scandinavian as well!! :)

      Delete
  2. How about baby bibs or blankets using some Swedish fabric? Those often sell well--people looking for unique baby gifts and all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Good ideas!! Bibs would probably be a pretty quick sew too...thanks! :)

      Delete