Friday, April 20, 2012

Kale chips

These are Ryan's and my new favorite snack.  I know the kale chip trend was a few years ago and I can't believe I waited this long to try them! They are so gooooood! Seriously people, so good.  

For any trendy-health-food-scoffers out there, these will actually impress you.  They taste like chips.  Maybe not like a tortilla chip, sure, but like a little crunchy piece of heaven in your mouth.  Ryan even loves them.  He tolerates normal kale when I put it in stuff, but these kale chips he actually enjoyed eating (!). 


They go from bright green to this:


Want to try them?

Take 1-2 bunches of kale and cut into 2-inch pieces.  Take out any thick stems.  Lay on a cookie sheet and spray a little olive oil  over them and toss.  I used my Misto (I love this kitchen item!) spritzer for this and it was like it was made for this purpose.  Sprinkle salt over kale.  Some recipes out there even jazz them up with some cayenne pepper or chili powder - I will try that next time. 

Bake at 300 for 20 minutes or until crisp.  Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment