Friday, April 22, 2011

Norwegian Easter Cookies

I stayed up making some Norwegian Easter cookies last night and am I ever glad I did, they're pretty darn tasty! Pam over at Gingerbread Snowflakes has been doing a ton of Easter posts, and these were one of them.


The ingredients are pretty much like a shortbread but brushed with egg and topped with sugar. Unfortunately, I did not have any pearl sugar on hand so I just used some plain sugar and a little colored sugar too.


Yuuuummmm!

Norwegian Easter Cookies

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 cups flour
3 sticks butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
pearl sugar to top (or colored sugar)

Mix together sugar and butter, add 1 egg (only 1 of the 2!). Sift the flour and baking powder together and slowly add to the mixture. You're supposed to refrigerate them...but I didn't. Shape dough into little balls and make indentations with your thumbs. Brush with the 2nd beaten egg and sprinkle sugar on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.

Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Kathryn!

    I am so happy to hear you made the cookies. They have almost instantly become one of my top three favorite cookies of all time.

    And believe it - they get even better as they sit in the cookie jar. There must be Norwegian magic baked in. I am really glad now that the recipe makes so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely try this recipe! Sounds tasty and soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's the paper bag i like to see, that means COOKIES!!!

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious. Hope you had a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaawh, they look SO good! I'm enjoying having an oven again, so I might try them tomorrow! *baking frenzy*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Yaga that's awesome, happy baking! :)

    ReplyDelete